Efficiency and planning security
Hansgrohe provides BIM (Building Information Modeling) data in the most important data formats for computer-based, integrated planning, execution, and management of construction projects. They include the geometry, positioning, materials, and properties of the faucets, showers, shower systems, and installation technology. For more planning security and faster completion.
Click here for AXOR
Click here for hansgrohe
Building Information Modeling: Tools and information for construction projects
Building Information Modeling enables computer-based, integrated planning, execution and management of construction projects. This cross-trade standard offers architects, facility managers, and building owners access to all product-specific data during the course of the project. Hansgrohe provides BIM data for the most important software applications. They include the geometry, positioning, materials, and properties of the faucets, showers, shower systems, and installation technology.
The BIM models are available in LOD 300 detail and in the six main formats Revit, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, SketchUp, IFC, and 3DS.
BIM data for numerous, select pieces from the AXOR and hansgrohe brands is available for download on the respective product pages. The offer is continuously supplemented and updated with BIM data from the product range and innovations.
Benefits of using BIM data:
Higher project and budget security: Planning with BIM data ensures transparency throughout the entire project cycle. Virtual project planning makes it possible to check all expectations and specifications before the construction process begins. Changes can be simulated on the virtual model and thus be carried out more efficiently.
Significant time and cost savings: The integrative process with consistent use of the BIM data from all participants simplifies communication and saves time and money over building’s entire life cycle. Coordinated project planning leads to faster completion; better data quality facilitates precise building planning and forms the foundation for efficient building management.
Planning with BIM data in Revit or ARCHICAD in just a few steps
Hansgrohe and AXOR make BIM data of their branded products available to the content platform bimobjects.com for quick integration into project planning. There, they are stored in different formats – one of them is .rfa for use in Revit or .gsm for use in ARCHICAD.
In just a few steps, BIM data for faucets, showers, and systems can be downloaded or inserted into new and existing designs and plans:
- Search for the hansgrohe or AXOR brand on the content platform via the search bar
- The website will then display all products by these brands with stored BIM data
- Click on the product image to open a page with links to more information such as dimensional drawings and pictures, technical specifications, materials, the manufacturer, or even country availability
- Click on the download button to open a selection window with the available formats for the BIM data
- Click on the Revit format with the extension .rfa or ARCHICAD with the extension .gsm to save the corresponding file format
Another possibility on bimobjects.com is to insert the BIM data directly into Revit or ARCHICAD in the application in BIM Objects:
- To do so, click Browse bimobjects in the opened plan. Again, you can filter by manufacturer or by other categories such as use case
- After clicking on the selected product, a selection window will open again with the various file formats. Select the file with the extension .rfa or .gsm
- Insert COBie parameters via the BOPC icon